Friday, February 24, 2012

Tasty Squirrels and Lunchtime Recap

Today's workout was good!  Day 19:  Shoulders and Abs.

But I can never leave well enough alone so I changed it up to better suit me:

1/2 mile run around the track, then:

3x10 each (unless stated)

Seated Dumbbell Press                            15# (3x12)
Lateral Raise Machine                                  20#
Dumbbell Front Raise                                  7.5#
Seated Arnold Press                                    12.5#
Dumbbell Lateral Raise                        7.5# (10# last set)
Seated Bent-Over Rear Delt Raise               10#

Abs Circuit   (2x25 each unless stated)
Crunches
Bicycle Crunches
Roman Chair Leg Raise
Forward Plank (max hold)
Side Plank Dips (x10 each side)

It went really quick compared to the other workouts.  I think because it used mostly dumbbells so everything was in the same exact place.  I didn't have to go wandering around the gym to find different pieces of equipment.

Lunch was a mix of leftovers and veggies, devoured as soon as I got home:


Salad with leftover black beans (YUM!), carrots and red bell peppers with Trader Joe's Edamame Hummus, and the last slice of Grilled Pesto Pizza with Balsamic Chicken.  Plus an apple with almond butter (not shown) and a few slices of turkey breast from the deli (didn't make it onto the plate).


The TJ's edamame hummus is pretty good.  But I still think I prefer Sabra's roasted pine nut hummus, or homemade.

And then I may have had a tiny sliver of this



It's a banana cake with chocolate and pecans.  It was worth every. delicious. calorie.


For Hudson's lunch he had one of Trader Joe's Natural Dog Treats.  He loves them and highly recommends them to his four-legged friends.


Hudson's favorites are the squirrels.  He considers it payback for all of the times they sit just outside the back door and taunt him.


Look at that focus.  


Time to get on with the rest of the day!  Happy Friday!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic picture of Hudson staring at his treat! I love the way your shot captures the cookie out of focus in the foreground and the light really works well to show Hudson staring so intently...again, great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they come in Rabbit shapes ? If so, he can't have those !!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so! Just squirrels, fire-hydrants, kitties and dog-bone shapes (oh, maybe a few others too) but no rabbits. Bun is safe :-)

      Delete

I love comments! Leave me some love!