Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Protein Oatmeal Bowl


Sorry I don't have a picture of the assembled bowl before I ate it, I woke up super-hungry this morning.  But it looked like a (delicious) bowl of oatmeal, so just picture it in your mind for me...

Breakfast was a protein-packed oatmeal bowl:

rounded 1/4 cup scoop old-fashioned oats
1/4 scoop vanilla whey protein
1/2 cup plus a few tablespoons water
stirred together and microwaved for 1 minute 30 seconds.

Then I topped the whole beautiful mess with about 1/4 cup Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Granola (SOO GOOD it's like crack) and raw almonds.  Delicious!



Plus coffee with stevia and 2% milk and AGUA (two glasses down the hatch already).

I have my doctor's appointment this morning (finally) to see what the heck is going on with my left foot.  Did I mention I tried to run at the gym yesterday - let's just say this, it didn't go well (just ran on the treadmill for 5 minutes @ 8mph).  Both my Mom AND Brian already told me how bad it was, that I shouldn't have done it and that I should know better (as a PT and all).  AND I've been paying for it with cramp-like pain in the lateral side of my foot since then.  What can I say, I was feeling a little better and just wanted to do an experiment...on myself...total FAIL.

I doubt my PCM will be able to tell me what's going on but I am hoping for a referral to an orthopedic doctor, especially since my other foot (the right one) has also been giving me issues, albeit completely different issues.

Here's hoping for a fruitful doctor's visit!

I have two awesome recipes to share from last night, one involving more quinoa!  The other involves coconut.  Get excited.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me some love!