Monday, March 26, 2012

Routines

It feels so good to get into a normal routine again!


After a couple of weeks of having company and getting used to my new work schedule (and neglecting my poor blog) I finally feel like things are settling into a comfortable routine.

I've been cooking and baking up a storm the last couple of weeks but you wouldn't know it if you've been following me on Twitter, Facebook or this blog - I've just been too busy to post about it!  Even with all of the craziness around here I still managed to take some pictures.  Now I just have to get around to writing about it...


First up - BREAKFAST!  My favorite meal of the day (obviously!)

On Sunday, I made my High Protein Oatmeal Pancakes for breakfast and had a chance to take some better (at least I think) photos.  This time, I had mine with sliced bananas and a dollop of Artisana Cacao Bliss on top.  Oh my God - Cacao Bliss is pure HEAVEN!


The lovely folks at Artisana sent me some samples to try (a full review of their products and GIVEAWAY is coming SOON) and I had just been waiting for the right time to try the Cacao Bliss.  Wow - just wow.  It's a creamy, chocolatey coconut spread that kind of reminded me of Nutella only not quite as sweet, and it has a definite coconut taste to it (YUM!)  Oh, AND it's 100% organic, vegan and raw!

On the side - I had a little plain Fage Total 2% greek yogurt with a sprinkling of Nature's Path Love Crunch Dark Chocolate and Red Berries.



This was the kind of breakfast that fills you up yet somehow doesn't weigh you down.  I don't know how these pancakes do it, they're just magic.

Please promise me you'll try them.  In return, I'll promise not to take such a long hiatus from posting.  OK, now go make some breakfast!

Click here for my previous post on my High-Protein Oatmeal Pancakes for the recipe.

And these pancakes can be refrigerated or frozen for super easy, quick weekday breakfasts.  Just thaw for a few seconds in the microwave (if frozen, if refrigerated skip the microwave), then pop into the toaster on a low-medium setting and toast until thawed and warmed through.  SO GOOD!

Also, a note:  these pancakes are gluten-free - just MAKE SURE to use certified gluten-free oats (Bob's Red Mill makes some) if you are sensitive to gluten, or keeping gluten-free.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me some love!