Friday, May 21, 2010

Weekend Getaway

The other day as we were taking Hudson on our evening walk, I said to B "I need a vacation!" After letting out an exasperated sigh and rolling his eyes (B is known for his exaggerated responses to my random declarations) he asked me why I could possibly need a vacation, after all I don't have a job and we only just got back from a 2-week trip to Hawai'i a few months ago. After explaining how mentally-draining it is for me to be so far away from my usual sources of inspiration (designer shops, art museums, old city architecture, art museums, good restaurants and the occasional artisan bakery), I think B started to come around to the idea of a long weekend away.


While the idea of a Memorial Day weekend getaway is pretty much out of the question, and we already have plans for the July 4th weekend, Labor day is a few months away and we're starting to look at our options now. Locally (well, within a 6 hour drive), we both want to visit the Biltmore Estate and nearby Asheville, as well as Charleston, SC. A little farther away there's Key West, Florida or somewhere in New England, Maine maybe....

Wherever we decide to go, I'd love to have a cute Weekender Bag to tote my belongings:


...maybe I'd go with something funky or whimsical....

$190 from eBags






$75 from eBags


...or perhaps chic and sophisticated....



$380 from Bloomingdales



$495 from Bloomingdales



...but no matter what, these are the two things I won't leave behind:



Are you planning any weekend getaways? Have any recommendations for us? Leave a comment!!





1 comment:

I love comments! Leave me some love!