Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sweet sweet summertime

Did I ever tell you that we went strawberry picking?
No?

Well then I guess I'm telling you now. We had been seeing homemade roadside signs advertising "U - Pick" berry patches for a few weeks and had tried stopping at one once, only it was apparently too early on a Sunday morning and the place was closed. How were we to know that berry farmers aren't awake at 8:30 on a Sunday morning?

Well, we finally made a second attempt and this time proved to be more fruitful (OK, OK sorry for the awful pun...I have to admit, I did crack myself up as I was writing it. Alright, moving on now....)

I will say that we had a lot of fun, even though it was a little late in the Strawberry season and most of the berries were surprisingly small. And I was a little dissapointed that the teenage boy who was the only person working at the berry patch could not tell me if any pesticides or fertilizers had been used on the berries...but besides that, it was lots of fun! Oh, and eating the berries was fun too :)


Berries on the vine


No doggies allowed :(



And this is how we enjoyed our strawberry-windfall later that evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me some love!