Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm back! And I really mean it this time.

So after another two month hiatus from blogging I am finally feeling rejuvenated, inspired and ready to get back to this very important part of my life. I consider blogging to be therapy for me - it gives me a creative outlet to express how I'm feeling. It also allows me to experiment with and share recipes, practice my photography and interact with other bloggers.

I knew working full-time would be difficult. I knew I would have less time for the things I love. I didn't realize that I would lose a part of myself and enter a sleep-deprived, stressful, sad state of being. I didn't realize it would negatively affect my body, my health, my relationships with friends and family. I didn't realize I would miss cooking, baking, photography, blogging so much.

I can finally say with relief that I am no longer working full-time. As of today my schedule has decreased to less than 30 hours per week and in the next few weeks I will transition to a further-reduced schedule of about 20 hours per week which includes having Friday off. My new schedule will allow me the time during the week to take care of my fitness goals, my creative needs and importantly, take better care of Hudson and B.

I am very lucky to have the opportunity to reduce my schedule. And I plan on embracing the change with joy and optimism. I am ready to begin this new chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me some love!