Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer Shindig

We had a lovely summer barbecue this weekend, complete with plenty of fresh delicious food, cold beverages, lawn games and some of our really great friends. Unfortunately, my camera was not in service during the barbecue (B and I were a little busy grilling, preparing the food table and enjoying the company of our guests) so I have no pictures to share.

We were so LUCKY that Mother Nature cooperated this weekend because for a few hours there things were touch and go! We thought we might have to reschedule the party because it looked like it would be pouring rain but fortunately it cleared up just in time!

One of the desserts I have had bookmarked for a while is this recipe for Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Bars. There was definitely some work involved with these but they were so delicious that I'd say they were absolutely worth the planning and time spent.


photo from Bon Appétit - I think mine turned out a little thicker

You can follow the link above for the recipe. I didn't make any changes except that I substituted reduced-fat cream cheese for a portion of the full-fat version and I used fine sea salt to top the bars (rather than Fleur de Sel, which I didn't have).

The recipe makes a 9x13 pan of cheesecake, so I recommend sharing it....or don't. I won't judge you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me some love!